Call for Presentations - ASEC 2019
INCOSE UK are inviting individuals and organisations to submit presentations to be delivered at the Annual Systems Engineering Conference (ASEC), INCOSE UK's flagship event.
The theme for this year's ASEC is 'Celebrating the Future of Systems Engineering'.
Submissions are encouraged to be based around, but not limited to:
- Inspiring the Next Generation
- Advancing the Practice
- Pushing the Boundaries
However, we are open to proposals that don't necessarily fall within the overall theme, and are keen to accept papers based around a variety of interesting applications in Systems Engineering. All presentations must be able to fill a 40-minute timeslot, and should include a five-minute window to allow presenters to answer any questions from their audience.
This year, as well as making all papers and presentations available on our website, we shall also be producing a formal paper copy of the Proceedings. All papers, therefore, must use the INCOSE UK template, which will be provided to all authors.
Information on the submission process and guidlines for the anatomy of a good paper can be downloaded here.
Important Deadlines and Further Information
- 20 February 2019: The call for papers/presentations is issued.
- 29 March 2019: Submission of abstracts - abstracts should be between 250 and 300 words outlining your presentation topic and main points. A shortlist of presentations will be selected based on the abstracts received. Please remember to assess your proposal against the criteria in the review process guidelines. Successful authors will be invited to submit a six-page paper for review by the judging panel.
- 12 April 2019: Invitation to submit papers - Abstracts that INCOSE UK deem to be the best of the submissions will be notified and asked to submit a six-page paper . Authors will be issued with an official INCOSE UK paper template to format their paper.
- 24 May 2019: Submission deadline for six-page papers.
- 1 July 2019: Paper review process complete - Authors will be issued with the reviewers comments and successful authors will be invited to produce a final paper, and asked to submit a biograph and headshot to be included in the ASEC 2019 proceedings.
- 30 August 2019: Deadline for submission of final six-page papers and authors biographies and headshots for the Proceedings.
- 24 October 2019: Upload codes will be issued for presenters to upload their presentations.
- 14 November 2019: Deadline for uploading presentations.
Please remain aware that the standard registration terms and fees apply to presenters.
All papers and presentations will be made available to members.
For any queries, please email
All submissions should use