Call for Presentations - ASEC 2018
INCOSE UK are inviting individuals and organisations to submit presentations to be delivered at the Annual Systems Engineering Conference (ASEC), INCOSE UK's flagship event. ASEC brings together a wide range of professionals from a variety of backgrounds with the common interest of building upon their Systems Engineering (SE) knowledge and sharing ideas with their peers.
The theme for this year's ASEC is based around the Year of Engineering, a government-led initiative with the goal of making engineering more accessible to future generations. We want people to be inspired by what they are doing in their work, whether new to SE or holding many years' experience. We are also planning to run various STEM engagement activities with local community groups to tie in with both the Year of Engineering and the Year of Women.
Submissions are encouraged based around, but not limited to:
- Where next for Systems Engineering?
- Growing the Systems Engineering workforce of the future.
- The variety in Systems Engineering
However, we are open to proposals that don't necessarily fall within a ridged theme, and are keen to accept papers based around a variety of interesting applications in SE.
Presentations will be 40 minutes in duration, followed by five minutes of questions and answers at the end.
This year we will again be asking for a six-page paper submission, that will be published after the ASEC by INCOSE UK. Each submission will blind reviewed by a group of three reviewers, all of whom will be expert in the area of the subject matter. Full formal feedback will be provided for all submissions. The quality of submitted papers last year was outstanding and we are hoping for similar this year!
The INCOSE UK ASEC provides an excellent opportunity to share and test your ideas with a knowledgeable audience. You will gain valuable feedback in the conference chamber and have plenty of time for informal discussions during the event.
Important Deadlines and Further Information
- 3rd April 2018: Expression of interest - if you are interested in submitting, please express your intent to submit by
- 30th April 2018: Submission of abstracts - abstracts should be between 250 and 300 words outlining your presentation topic and main points. A shortlist of presentations will be selected based on the abstracts received. Please remember to assess your proposal against the criteria in the review process guidelines. Successful authors will be invited to submit a six-page paper for review by the judging panel.
- 11th May 2018: Acceptance of abstracts - abstract that INCOSE UK deem to be the best of the submissions will be notified and asked to submit a six-page paper for their full presentation.
- 11th June 2018: Submission of six-page papers - successful authors will be asked to submit six-page paper that should be written according to the accompanying review process guidelines. Final conference presenters will be selected and notified by the end of June 2018.
Please remain aware that the standard registration terms and fees apply to presenters.
All papers and presentations will be made available to delegates.
For any queries, please email
All expressions of interest and submissions should use