Call for Posters - ASEC 2018
The Systems Research Academic Showcase has become a familiar part of ASEC over the last few years, and this year it will be running again with some changes to the format; INCOSE UK are hoping to run an additional session allowing poster creators more of a chance to engage with the audience by giving a 10 minute timeslot allowing creators to present a summary of their work.
The Systems Research Academic Showcase is a competition for academic research that provides a far wider remit to participators than other competitions of similar standing. This includes:
- Individual contributions, from full-time students researching Systems Engineering topics.
- Group contributions, from academic research groups in specific universities.
- Project contributions, such as EU and EPSRC projects. INCOSE UK welcomes contributions that may consist of a collaboration of partners involved in a single research project.
INCOSE UK welcomes contributions that may consist of a collaboration of partners involved in a single research project.
There is a maximum of 10 posters accepted for presentation and all entrants will be offered a complimentary seat to the ASEC 2018 conference dinner on Tuesday evening.
A panel of industry experts will be judging the competition. Authors should be available to discuss their entry with the panel. The winning poster will be awarded a prize at ASEC, kindly donated by the sponsoring organisation.
ASEC 2018 repeatedly provides an excellent forum for individuals or groups to tell INCOSE UK about their work. With free entry to the ASEC dinner, plus an additional prize up for grabs, this in an excellent opportunity which would be a shame to miss!
Important Deadlines and Further Information
- 11th June 2018: Submission of abstracts - abstracts should be between 250 and 300 words outlining your poster topic and main points. A shortlist of posters will be selected on the basis of the abstracts received.
- 31st August 2018: Submission of proposed poster - successful researchers will be asked to submit a single-page draft of their poster which should give a good indication of objectives, structure, main themes, supporting evidence, conclusions, etc. Final conference posters will be selected and notified after the end of August 2018.
The selected researchers should also produce an overview of their work for inclusion in the conference proceedings.
All submissions and queries should use